Undergraduate students will typically participate through enrollment in directed research (PSY 5993)
- Must be an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota.
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Must have taken or be concurrently enrolled in the following courses as prerequisites: PSY 1001, PSY 3001W, and PSY 3604.
- Complete assigned readings
- Participate in lab meetings with faculty mentor
- Participate in lab meetings with supervisor
- Recruit participants
- Collect data
- Debrief participants
- Code data
- Enter data
- Analyze data
Attend weekly lab meetings, attend and present in bi-weekly journal club meetings, work about 9 hours per week (3 hours per credit) to include the above responsibilities.
Contact and Course Registration Information:
Students interested in registering for Research Laboratory in Psychology must first contact Dr. Angus MacDonald to express their interest in TRiCAM.
Directions for Completing the PSY 5993 Undergraduate Research Contract:
(Doubtless your project will become more concrete as the semester goes on, however this will provide a sufficient, preliminary description.)
"To explore one aspect of the cognitive and affective mechanisms that are relevant to healthy functioning as well as psychopathology. These mechanisms are also a means to understand how genes and neural pathways relate to everyday life and symptoms."
Check B - Alternative project: "Lead a journal club presentation and write an APA-style 6-8 page lab report summarizing my project."